Table of Contents
GPAT 2023 exam will be conducted by the NTA to give admission to the candidates into the master’s degree program in the field of Pharmacy (M.Pharma). The marks scored in the GPAT exam will be accepted by all the AICTE Approved Institutions/ University Departments/ Constituent/ Colleges/ Affiliated Colleges. To appear for the examination candidates need to match with the eligibility and check all the requirements of the authority. The application form for the GPAT 2023 will be available via online mode.
This Test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy Graduates for admission into the Masters (M.Pharma) Program. The GPAT is a three hours Computer Based Online Test. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of GPAT Scores.
The GPAT Score is accepted by all AICTE/Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) approved / affiliated University Departments / Constituent / Affiliated Colleges / Institutions.
GPAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||GPAT|
|Full form||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses offered||Master’s degree in Pharmacy|
|Level of examination||National level|
|Mode of examination||Online (CBT mode)|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
GPAT 2023 Exam Dates
|GPAT 2023 Application Form Release Date|
Last Week of February 2023
|Last day for GPAT 2023 Registration|
3rd week of March 2023
|Last Date to pay GPAT 2023 Application Fee||Last week of March 2023|
|GPAT 2023 Form Correction||1st week of April 2023|
|Availability of GPAT 2023 Admit Card||2nd week of April 2023|
|GPAT 2023 Exam Date|
Last week of April 2023
|Release of Provisional GPAT 2023 Answer Key||May 2023|
|Announcement of GPAT 2023 Result||June 2023|
GPAT 2023 Application Form
- The application form will be available through online mode through the website.
- The interested candidates can go through all instructions of the form-filling process.
- Candidates need to match the eligibility criteria to apply for the GPAT 2023 examination.
- The submission for the Application form of the GPAT 2023 will be tentatively started from the February 2023 and will last till the last week of February 2023.
- With the correction facility, candidates can correct their mistakes in the application form or make changes in it.
- Candidates need to fill out the application form before the last date of submission.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future references.
The application fee will be submitted in the online mode only by using some of the online transaction gateways such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net-Banking, UPI Payment.
Application fee (category wise) is given below:
|General/ UR (Male)||INR 2000/-|
|Female/ Transgender/ UR- EWS/ OBC- NCL/ SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 1000/-|
GPAT 2023 Eligibility
|Qualifying Degree||A Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy of a minimum of 4 years duration after 10+2|
|Final Year B.Pharm||Students in the final year of B.Pharm are also eligible for applying in the examination|
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India|
|Age Limit||There is no minimum or maximum age restriction for appearing in GPAT|
GPAT 2023 Exam Pattern
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Duration of examination||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|No. of Questions||125|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be awarded for each right answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
GPAT Syllabus 2023
There are four main sections of GPAT 2023 Syllabus. The subjects and topics that are there in GPAT 2021 syllabus are as follows:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
GPAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates who have registered successfully can download GPAT 2023 Admit Card from NTA’s website. The document carries all the details related to the candidate and examination. Steps to download the same are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website for GPAT, gpat.nta.nic.in.
- Step 2: Log in with your application number and password.
- Step 3: Select GPAT 2023 admit card from the menu.
- Step 4: Enter your application number and click the “Submit” button.
- Step 5: GPAT 2023 Hall Ticket will appear on your computer screen. Check and download the document.
Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to give the entrance examination. Candidates must check if all the details mentioned on their GPAT 2021 admit card are accurate. Candidates must immediately contact the conducting authority if there is any discrepancy in the admit card. The details that will be mentioned on your GPAT 2021 admit card is as follows:
- Name of candidate
- Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Name of exam center
- Address of exam center
- Date and time of examination
- Instructions for exam
Candidates are advised to read the instructions for an exam that will be printed on the back of their admit card. Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam center on the day of examination along with an identity proof, such as Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, etc.
GPAT 2023 Exam Center
- The exam center for GPAT 2023 will be clearly mentioned on the admit card of candidates.
- There are approximately 90 GPAT exam centers spread all over India.
- Candidates need to report to the exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam starts.
- Candidates are required to choose a maximum of four centers as per their preference while filling the application form.
- The conducting authority will not change the exam center once it is allotted to candidates.
GPAT 2023 Result
GPAT Result will be announced tentatively in May 2023. Candidates can check their result online on the official website by logging in to the candidate portal. GPAT Score is accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes. GPAT is accepted by all AICTE approved institutions, universities and colleges.
- Candidates must apply separately to the desired GPAT 2023 participating institutes with the scores of the examination.
- Then, each participating institute will release their respective cut-off GPAT Score which candidates should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular institute.
- Candidates are advised to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of GPAT 2023 on their respective websites.
The steps for downloading GPAT 2023 scorecard is as follows:
- Visit the official website.
- Login by using your user ID and password.
- Click on the link that says “GPAT 2023 scorecard”. You will be redirected to a page where you can download your scorecard.
- Enter your roll number.
- Your GPAT 2023 scorecard will appear on your computer screen. Download the scorecard and take a printout of it as it will be required during counseling.
GPAT Cutoff 2023
|Category||Cutoff||No. of qualifiers|
|Economically Weaker Section||104||489|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||131||1350|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||103||727|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||76||373|
GPAT 2023 Scholarship/ Financial Assistance
GPAT qualified candidates can also avail of scholarships through NTAor CSIR for pursuing further studies and research in the field of pharmacy. GPAT qualified candidates can subsequently register for NIPER JEE to pursue M.Pharma in NIPER, the nation’s premier Pharmacy Institute.
- The financial assistance through NTA can be availed through the institute from where the institute is pursuing M.Pharma. The scholarship is tenable for the period of pursuing the postgraduate program. CSIR’s financial assistance (fellowship) on the other hand is available for pursuing integrated 5-year M.Pharma-PhD from AcSIR or any other laboratory of CSIR.
- These scholarships are also available for GATE qualified candidates for pursuing M.E/M.Tech/Ph.D. The fellowship amount through CSIR is INR 25000. The fellowship is however not available for candidates who have qualified SRF (Senior Research Fellowship).
- Scores obtained in GPAT are used by all the institutions, departments and colleges approved by AICTE to provide admission to M.Pharma programs. GPAT 2021 Scores will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of the result for admission in PG program and for the purpose of applying for scholarship in M. Pharma course.
Even after completing M.Pharma degree, if someone is interested in getting registered for Ph.D. degree and availing National Doctoral Scholarship, the same score will be applicable. Candidates qualified in GPAT 2021 can apply for scholarship.
GPAT 2023 Counselling
There will be no centralized counselling organized by the NTA for GPAT qualified candidates. The GPAT counselling process will be conducted by every participating Institute individually. It will be regulated through online or offline mode as decided by the respective authority.
Candidates will be able to participate in the counselling procedure according to their rank. The complete details of the counselling procedure will be intimated to the candidates through the website of the respective participating institute. Seat will be allotted by the authority on the basis of rank, availability of seats and cut-off marks.